A head full of lustrous, healthy hair can not only add to the beauty of a person, but also to their confidence. However, for many, this only seems like a distant dream. A stressful life, improper eating habits, heredity, hormones and disease are to blame for the tussle many people go through trying to keep more hair on their head than on their hair brush.
When it comes to pinpointing the exact causes of hair loss, we should not leave out harsh chemicals and unfavourable hair products out of the list. These chemicals are often the real culprits behind most hair issues, including hair thinning and hair loss.
So, if you’re looking for full-proof ways to increase your hair volume and thickness, it only makes sense to stop or limit the use of harsh chemicals on your hair. Well, you might not notice any changes in a few weeks, but it’s certainly going to help in the long run.
Read also: Can Hair Loss Ruin Modelling Career?
Increase hair volume and thickness using natural products
There’s nothing more wonderful for your hair than this brilliant protein-packed kitchen ingredient. Eggs contain proteins which are essential in developing strong thick hair.
- Take 1 or 2 eggs depending on the length of your hair. Break the eggs into a bowl and whip them properly. Apply the mixture to your hair and let it rest for 30 minutes for maximum absorption of nutrients. Wash the eggs off using warm water and shampoo. Use one or two times every week for maximum benefit and effect to your hair.
- Another option is to use 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of your favourite hair oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Massage this mixture into your hair and scalp then rinse off with warm water after 30 minutes. Repeat this once a week to enjoy stronger, thicker hair.
It can work miracles if used correctly. Avocado is a natural remedy to bring hair thinning under check. It contains the required nutrients and moisture your hair needs, thus increasing the volume of your hair and boosting growth.
- For this remedy, you need an avocado, a banana and olive oil. Blend the banana and avocado then add a tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture directly into the scalp and let it stay in for 30 minutes. Rinse out with warm water. Regular application will certainly reduce hair loss.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil is very important if you want to grow soft, shiny and strong hair. This is because it contains multiple vitamins which are essential for the growth of thick and healthy hair.
- Apply olive oil to the scalp directly. Massage slowly throughout the head and let it rest for 30 to 50 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water to wash off the oil. Repeat the process 1 or 2 times per week.
- Another option is to mix olive oil with honey in equal parts and apply the resulting mixture into your scalp and hair. Leave in for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair. Repeat once or twice per week as you deem fit.
4. Fenugreek seeds
These seeds are well known for preventing hair loss and aiding better growth.
- First, soak 3 tablespoons of the fenugreek in water for 9 hours. Next, melt the soaked seeds in a cup or potter to make a paste. You can also mix this paste with a spoonful of coconut milk.
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp, let it sit for 50 minutes and wash it off with warm water and shampoo. Do this 2 or 3 times a day.
5. Indian gooseberry
The antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of Indian gooseberry are essential in maintaining a head full of healthy, shiny and lustrous hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and bring to a boil. Strain the resulting oil and thoroughly massage it into your hair ensuring it penetrates well into the scalp. Leave it in overnight then wash your hair, as usual, the next morning. Do this once every week.
- Another option is to mix half a cup of Indian gooseberry with a quarter cup of warm water. Apply the mixture onto your hair and leave it in for 20 minutes. Repeat the same every two weeks.
If you want to have healthier hair, day in day out, you should learn how to towel dry without damaging your hair. Scientists have shown that drying your hair well using a towel could reduce hair loss by up to 40%. The best and gentle way to towel dry is to press rather than rub. Pressing protects delicate hair strands, and that’s why you should never rub your hair when using a towel.
7. Eating a balanced diet
A healthy and balanced diet is an essential requirement if you want to increase hair volume and thickness naturally. Include vitamins B and C to your diet as well as minerals such as iron, zinc and copper. These super ingredients will promote healthy hair growth by strengthening your follicles. Keep in mind that you should also drink at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis to keep your hair hydrated.
Increase hair volume and thickness using hair products
Thick, healthy hair needs good foundations, so begin with the best volumising products in the market. Below are the most reliable hair products to use boost volume and thickness of hair:
8. Pantene Pro-V
Pantene Pro–V is a perfect hair product for those looking to enhance their hair volume and thickness. This product not only makes the hair smoother, but also thicker and stronger.
9. Nexxus Shampoo
Well known for increasing the hair’s diameter and volume, this product is tested and proven. Can be applied to any type of hair for lustrous and healthy growth.
10. Bumble and Bumble
Has the highest rating in its category. Loyal customers praise it for producing excellent results. The product boosts volume and thickness while increasing the smoothness and softness of hair all through.
11. Argan Oil Shampoo
There’s a reason why this shampoo is an Amazon bestseller. It does more than make the hair thicker- it also works to prevent hair from thinning and falling out in the first place.