The best heated rollers for a beautiful hair
Before we go into more detailed reviews, here is a quick pick of the best four heated rollers to buy in 2017:
- Pro Heated Ceramic Roller Set
- by BaByliss
- Quite versatile and ideal for different hairs sizes with a set of 30 rollers of different sizes. Efficient and deliver stunning results of professional quality. Heat up 30% faster with a 10% hotter ceramic rollers.
- Our Rating:
- The O Pod Be The Volume Star
- by Cloud Nine
- Energy efficient, so will save on the energy bills. The rollers heat from inside out ensuring much of the heat is on the hair. Their clips have a simple design allowing you to lock your hair in style.
- Our Rating:
- H0747 Jumbo Hot Rollers
- by Remington
- They heat up for long and retain heat more creating firmer curls that are long lasting. They come with an easy grip that firmly holds the rollers in place. They keep hair healthy and shiny through the ceramic conditioning.
- Our Rating:
- H9096 Silk Rollers with Dual Heating
- by Remington
- Heats up really quick. Delivers great curls in a short time. Quite easy to use.
- Our Rating:
1. The Babyliss Pro Heated Ceramic Roller Set
The BaByliss set is one of the best heated ceramic rollers in the market and one you must consider buying for great results. It is a great value for money with a pack of 30 pieces of different sizes of small, medium, large and jumbo. It is an efficient roller and much improved from previous models with 30% faster heat and 10% hotter ceramics. The BaByliss is the bargain of the year coming at a very affordable price and delivering excellent results. Takes a minute to heat and styles your hair nice. This roller is one of the best on Amazon and rightfully so with several beneficial features.
2. Cloud Nine The O Pod Be
You will pay more for the Cloud Nine heated ceramic rollers, but then the results are exceptional. The Cloud Nine The O Pod Be is one of the best home heated roller kit in the market. I know most of you will be more than willing to pay extra if they can achieve professional salon results in the comfort of their homes. This roller is quite amazing with a unique induction of heat that makes it ready to use in seconds. The rollers heat from inside making them hot on the hair and not the hands. They are quite efficient, simple to use and energy efficient using 7 times less energy than most conventional heated rollers. Easily create an array of looks ranging from soft rolls to voluminous looks by using the different sizes of the rollers.
3. The H0747 Remington Jumbo Curls Heated Hair Rollers
The Remington is another great option for women who want the perfect heated hair rollers. These set of 12 comes with a soft touch easy grip material that ensures the rollers hold in place for easy styling. It is a great value for money and must check out in 2016 if you need to maintain a perfect hair style. The Remington H0747 Heated Rollers gives soft curls that are big in volume. Remington H0747 is among the best heated rollers in if you need well-defined curls.
4. Remington H9096 Silk Rollers with Dual Energy Heating Technology
The Remington H9096 Silk Rollers is another great heated ceramic rollers to check out in 2016 that heat up quickly and deliver wonderful curls. They are one of the easiest heated rollers to use and a great option for beginners. They deliver stunning curls without over drying your hair. The Remington H9096 Heated Roller comes with a dual energy heating technology making them a great choice for a beautiful hair in 2016.
Comparison of heated rollers with other hair curling tools
The market is full of hair volumizing and curling tools for the consumer to pick. Tools like the Sleep-In Rollers, Hot Hair Brush, and BaByliss Curl Secret are easily available and quite easy to use. Well, most of these appear as a great option when trying them for the very first time
However, if you have ever tried the heated rollers, you will realise over time that they are a better option and deliver excellent results. They get much easier to use with time and that is when most people realise their benefits. The heated rollers will give you the much-needed control over your hair without the need of visiting the salon every week.
This is what most professional hair stylists use to achieve those stunning looks on their clients. If you have ever seen actresses and models, then you know what I am talking about here. They are the best at creating volume and their curls last longer. The hair will also look more natural which I think is the best appearance.
I know most people just like me thought heated rollers were only meant for professionals. Well, that is not the case as you can easily use them in the comfort of your home and achieve the same stunning results like the professionals do with some practice. Each year we see newer models come into the markets that are quite easy to use.
In fact, most manufacturers are now producing heated rollers targeting home use. Almost all of them come with clear instructions on how to use making other hair curling tools appear redundant. Even if you’re a busy woman without time for rollers, it is worth having them in the house and trying to take control of your hair.
How do I pick the perfect heated roller for my hair type?
Most people who visit the salons never have much control over their hair. Understanding the best style for your hair type is probably the best thing heated rollers can do for you. If you can do your curls at home, you are better placed at knowing the best-heated roller that suits your hairstyle and hair type. Once you find the perfect heated roller, you will gain more control over your hair and prevent cases of damage.
Example: Fine and fragile hair require a lightweight heated roller with very low heat settings.
Fine and thin hair
Thin and fine hair is a bit difficult to maintain without damaging it if you are not careful Fine hair easily gets damaged by heat than thin hair. Do you fine and thin hair? Then consider choosing heated rollers that heat less or have adjustable temperatures.
Thick hair can handle much heat better, but it doesn’t mean you buy any heated rollers as the thick hair can also get damaged. It is all about finding the right heated roller for your hair type. It is always advised to check the design of the roller before purchasing.
The best rollers work by retaining the heat while in the hair to deliver good volume and a lasting shape. The best rollers must get hold of your tightly if you know what I mean. For a sleeker finish, it is advised you use smooth clips.
How we chose the four best heated rollers for this guide
Just like any product, we considered efficiency in providing excellent results while at the same time giving value for your money. The rollers we chose are user-friendly and designed for simplicity. We always recommend kits that give you value and not just low price. A simple kit costing approximately £25 can go a long way to save the several hairdresser tips you make in a month.
Reviews of the best heated rollers in 2017
- Roller sizes: Consists of 30 heated rollers of various sizes (6 small, 8 media, 8 large and 8 jumbos).
- Material: Ceramic
The Babyliss heated rollers are one of the best heated rollers in the market. They are highly rated with very positive reviews and offer true value for money. The have an average rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon alone which goes which goes to show how pretty they are and what the consumer stands to gain. These rollers are ideal for thick and long hair and can be used to achieve perfect curls that are long lasting.
The compact set comes with a set of 30 heated rollers of four different sizes. The different sizes make them quite versatile for achieving different curls. The whole set comes with 15 different super clips, bag storage, and 30 color coded pins. The two temperature settings with an indicator help users achieve the desired results depending on their hair type. The rollers take time to heat but once heated; they retain a good amount of heat while in the hair. This helps achieve long-lasting curls.
Easily use the different sizes of the rollers for different hair sizes which I think is great for a single kit. The two temperature setting also works out well-helping change between thick hair and thin hair without causing damage. The folding arm of the rollers is space saving when the rollers are in a vertical position. They are a great option for heating different hair types and offer real good value for money. We give them our thumbs up and recommend them among the best-heated rollers for long and thick hair in 2016.
- Quite versatile and ideal for different hairs sizes with a set of 30 rollers of different sizes.
- Efficient and deliver stunning results of professional quality.
- Heat up 30% faster with a 10% hotter ceramic rollers.
- To achieve the best effect it may take up to forty minutes to heat up which is ideal for salons and not much for home use.
- The whole rollers heat up together with the edges.
- Roller sizes: A set of 12 rollers (4 30mm, 4 40mm, and 4 50mm)
- Material: Ceramic
Personally, I think the Cloud Nine heated rollers are the best in the market if you are willing to spend a little bit more to get a better product. They are a little pricier but then quality is guaranteed, and I think they are worth every pound. The Cloud Nine The O Pod Be is everything you need to achieve that voluminous hair this year. They heat in seconds which is pretty cool and ideal for the women on the go.
The have a unique heat induction feature that allows them to heat from the inside out ensuring they are hot on the hair and not on the hand. They are easy to handle and not the heavy conventional curling tools most people are used to handling. They use the latest soft grip technology to glide easily into position.
They are energy efficient and will not rack up your energy bills as most hair tools do. They are highly recommended, and users will benefit a lot from their features. We give them our thumbs up and hope you will enjoy the benefits too.
- Energy efficient, so will save on the energy bills.
- The rollers heat from inside out ensuring much of the heat is on the hair.
- Their clips have a simple design allowing you to lock your hair in style.
- The grip is not so great.
- They are a bit heavy making it difficult to grip them properly.
- Not perfect for long hairs.
- Roller sizes: A set of 12 rollers
- Material: Ceramic
The Remington H0747 is all you require for a smooth and soft curls without ever visiting a salon. You probably have seen some of the biggest 2016 trends where women have used subtle waves to bring out the best in them. Big names like Kate Middleton and Jennifer Anniston are just but a few who have shown us how it is done with subtle waves. Well, you can achieve your today by using the Remington Jumbo Curls Heated Rollers. They come with an iconic and ceramic conditioning that keeps the hair healthy and shiny.
The easy grip material further helps hold the roller securely in place for great curls. The cool touch ends makes it easy to style up the hair when done. This Jumbo kit comes full packaged all items to create beautiful and long lasting curls. In the pack, you will find a set of 12 comfort hair clips and 12 hair pins with colours to match their respective rollers. The clips help fasten the rollers and keep them in place. The rollers hold heat well giving firmer curls that are resistant to dropping.
The clever design makes the Remington H0747 one of the best heated rollers in the market and one to go all out for if you need value for your money. We highly recommend it due to its friendliness and exceptional qualities at delivering results.
- They heat up for long and retain heat more creating firmer curls that are long lasting.
- They come with an easy grip that firmly holds the rollers in place.
- They keep hair healthy and shiny through the iconic and ceramic conditioning.
- Not perfect for long hair.
- The grip sometimes doesn’t hold the roller tightly.
- Roller sizes: A set of 20 rollers
- Material: Ceramic
The Remington H9096 is another great option for individuals looking for an ideal heating roller to create the perfect curls. The rollers come with a dual heating technology to ensure long lasting curls. One of the best features in the Remington H9096 is the fast heating speed. It is a great option for the women on the go. It will heat up in seconds and deliver great curls that are sure to give you compliments.
The Remington H9096 can help you achieve nice hot curls in a short duration with variation in size without having to over dry your hair. They heat up pretty fast, but you must properly hold them in place to prevent them from dropping. Other than that, they are a great option to help give your perfect hair curls from the comfort of your home. The price is also pretty decent, and you can be assured of getting value for your money.
- Heats up really quick.
- Delivers great curls in a short time.
- Quite easy to use.
- The clips don’t hold tightly and can sometimes fall off.
- The cool touch ends can get hot as they get hot fast.
Tips for buying heated rollers and useful info
Buying heated rollers can change the looks of your hair completely and make you prettier. However, before making any decision to buy one, here are some tips to help you find the right heating roller for your hair type.
- Roller size: If you want big volumes then go for the big rollers. Tighter curls or shorter hairstyles require small sized rollers.
- Roller weight: This is one thing most people overlook but can go a long way in determining how your curls will appear. Heavy rollers are great in retaining heat and creating curls with good shape but call fall out straight hair. On the other hand, lighter rollers don’t retain heat well but are kind to your hair.
- Temperature: Temperature is so crucial whether dealing with thick of thin hair. There are hot rollers, and we have hotter rollers. Choose rollers with a heating setting to help control the temperature.
- Materials: Most heated rollers are made of different materials. Choose rollers made of materials like ceramic that retain a lot of heat.