Is your hair looking a little tired and lustreless? Are you looking for a good, healthy restorative? Maybe you’re on a budget and want to improve your hair without spending loads on expensive beauty products that may or may not work?
Perhaps you are wanting to move away from chemical hair treatments into a more natural way of improving your locks?
If any of these apply to you, then you will be intrigued to know you can make a really good, deep conditioning hair mask at home, using ingredients that most of us keep as store cupboard staples.
I know it sounds too good to be true, but an egg, olive oil and honey hair mask can work wonders to restoring your naturally gorgeous and shiny hair.
Why does it work?
Eggs are rich in protein, sulphur and biotin, all necessary ingredients to improve hair growth and make it appear healthier and more shiny. Honey is packed with natural antioxidants and is a natural humectant, meaning that it draws moisture to the hair and locks it in, putting an end to coarse, dry ends.
Olive oil is a natural moisturiser that will not only smooth your hair but also offers your scalp a refreshing cleanse, and will help soothe any issues you have with dry skin or dandruff.
How to make egg, oil and honey hair mask
It’s really simple, you’ll be pleased to hear!
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat well
- Add one tablespoon of honey
- Pour in two tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly until a creamy consistency is achieved
- Separate your hair into sections for ease of application, and massage the mixture from root to tip
- Wrap your head in cling film and a towel, then relax and put your feet up for an hour
- Rinse well, and shampoo the hair once
That’s pretty much it! Once your hair has dried, you will be amazed at how smooth, thick and shiny it is. Although the mask feels a little sticky while it’s on your head, rinsing and shampooing will remove this, plus any odour of the ingredients, so don’t worry that you might smell like a sweet omelette!
Benefits of egg, olive oil and honey hair mask
As well as the most glaringly obvious benefit of having beautifully soft, manageable and shiny hair, there is the fact that you can be certain it is really good for your hair. Unlike some chemical-based hair masks, this one is all natural and can do nothing but good.
There’s the added bonus that if it doesn’t work for you, at least you know that you will have done no damage to your hair! Another bonus is that this mask is very easy on your bank balance – you won’t have to spend loads on expensive hair treatments when you have all the ingredients lying about in your cupboard at home.
Things to be cautious of:
Let’s face it, there’s not much that can go wrong with this natural hair treatment, but there are a few things to bear in mind:
- If you suffer from an allergy to any of the ingredients, then don’t use this mask. Just because you’re not eating it doesn’t mean that it may not react with your body, so if you have reacted to eggs or honey in the past then it’s best to find a different natural hair mask
- This can be a sticky, messy business, so be sure to watch out for any spills or drips, especially when you’re at the stage of leaving it on your head for an hour
- You may be tempted to use this mask over and over again, but using it too frequently can lead to protein overload and result in limp, greasy looking hair. About once a month should lead to perfect results
- This mask works best if you apply it to damp hair, so give it a quick rinse before you apply
If you’re looking for a really good way to deeply condition your hair without resorting to spending lots of money, or using potentially harsh chemicals that may strip your hair of its goodness, then this is the treatment for you. It’s inexpensive, simple to make and should produce amazing results. You read it here first!